Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Landon starts soccer

For years we have watched Jaden, Dallin, and Lauren do soccer and Landon never wanted to sign up.  He is a total momma's boy (he is my shadow) and it was way out of his comfort zone to do a sport.  For some reason, he came to me one day and said that he wanted to sign up for soccer as long as Lauren was also going to do it.  His main motivation was the after game snack, but whatever....at least he was going to do something.  This is such a major thing for my very ultra shy guy.  He was so nervous on the first day of practice, but when he got his uniform and was assigned Jaden's number from high school (#10) he was so excited and wanted me to take pictures of him to send to Jaden.  He now loves soccer and looks forward to every practice and game.  I am so excited that he is having such a great time.  The season isn't over yet, but in his very first game he scored a goal and he is a super star in every game.  I am amazed that he has never played before.  It must be all of the hours of watching his siblings play that helped him.
 First day of practice.  He is so nervous, but he did it!  He can do hard things!  I was the weird mom on the sidelines taking pictures of practice because I was just so happy that he was out there doing it!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I love soccer! So glad he’s going to play!!