Friday, April 25, 2014

Lauren's band concert

It is important for me to support the kids in whatever they want to pursue, and I think that band is a really good thing for them to do.  In one of my psychology classes we talked about how playing musical instruments helped kids do better in school so this is a very worthwhile thing for them to do.  It is sometimes hard to listen to, but I am so proud of Lauren for sticking with it and learning the flute this year.  This was her last family concert for the year.

We didn't have great seats, so I got this picture before the concert started, while the kids were still getting set up.  Hopefully the flute is something that she will want to continue with for a few years more.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I played the flute too! I wish I would have stuck with it for more than just my teen years. I tried to play one a few years ago and remembered NOTHING. So sad!