Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Kiwi

We got Kiwi from a guy Nate works with.  She was a lost dog, and after a few weeks of trying to find her owner, DJ offered her to us.  Lauren, Landon and Payton love that she is so tiny and cute.  She loves to cuddle, and she never barks.  We have never had a female dog, and I wasn't prepared for her to be in heat.  One day Lauren started freaking out because a drop of blood had gotten on her arm from Kiwi.  She couldn't find where it was coming from, but I knew.  I didn't want to deal with the blood everywhere, and leaving her outside all the time didn't work because she kept getting out of the backyard wanting to roam the neighborhood and look for a boyfriend.  She is so tiny that she just went under the fence without having to dig!  So I went to the pet store and they actually make doggy diapers.  I just used a pantyliner of my own in her diaper and took the diaper off when she wanted to go out to the bathroom.  It worked great.  People laugh, but it saved our furniture!!  I didn't want to go through that again, so we got her fixed a few weeks later.

No comments: