Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Grand Canyon

I don't know why we planned our family camping trip for 3 days after we got back from girls camp, but we did. I totally wanted to cancel, or postpone, but the kids wouldn't let me. So we went, and had a pretty good time.
I was so scared that someone would fall over the edge of the Grand Canyon, I wouldn't even let them get close. This picture is deceiving because there is still several feet behind them before the edge.
There were these two birds that were flying around with each other. They kept swooping by us, then coming back and doing it again. They are really big birds (Condors I think), but compared to the Grand Canyon, they just look normal size.
This is Nate and I taking a break, and checking out the map, planning what to see next. We walked several miles this day, and only saw a small part of the Grand Canyon. Because we had the dogs with us, we couldn't hike down into the Canyon.
By the end of the day, the younger kids were pooped, and so Jaden and Payton carried them the last 1/2 mile or so. Jaden and I played a game of trying to guess where all the foreigners were from. Americans were in the minority. There was so many different languages being spoken. A couple of kids from Japan came over and asked to pet the dogs. They were cute, and spoke pretty good english.

No comments: