
I was very surprised when the school called and told me that Dallin was in the geography bee the next day and that I was welcome to come and watch. Apparently Dallin had won for his classroom, and he was going up against the other 4th, 5th and 6th grade class winners. I asked Dallin that afternoon if he wanted to study, and he didn't. I asked him if he wanted me to come and watch, and he said that he did. So Landon and I went to the school the next afternoon and watched the geography bee.
Boy, those are some hard questions. I didn't know half of them. In the end Dallin came in 3rd place. He is proud of that, and tells everyone that, but what he doesn't say, is that all the other contestants, besides 1st and 2nd place, came in 3rd because they all got out on the same round! I was proud of Dallin doing so well, and winning for his class. I was also happy that he wanted me to come and watch him.
No comments:
Post a Comment