Friday, February 18, 2011

Jaden and Payton get braces


We were lucky that Nate's work offers the Medical Savings Plan, so we could afford to get the braces done, and at the same time. Our orthodontist was pretty cool and let us turn the bill in and get all the money first, and then pay him to get a discount and not have to pay any monthly bills. It was definately a blessing that it all fell together nicely.
So here are the before pictures. I tried to get a good picture of their teeth, so we can see the change after they are done. Payton has many gaps in between her teeth. That is pretty much her only problem. I think her braces will be on the shortest. Jaden has more problems. His bottom teeth are pretty crooked. There is a lot of crowding. He also needs his jaw pulled forward a little. He needs to have a rubber band on all the time to do this.
When they first got the braces on, they both were in a lot of pain. But after a few days, Payton was fine and could eat like normal. Jaden was in a lot more pain for almost a week! I think it is because of the rubber band. He could really tell a difference when he took it off to eat, and had to put it back on. Jaden hardly ate anything. He had soup everyday for 4-5 days. He skipped lunch at school. He was miserable.
Jaden got purple/gold rubber bands on his braces for his school colors, and Payton got purple because it is her favorite color. They get switched every 6 weeks, so they can pick new colors.
I am so glad we were able to get this done now. I was feeling pressed for time, because Jaden will be going on his mission in 3 years, and this dental work needs to be done before then.

No comments: