Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gila Valley Temple

I really wanted the kids to know how important the temple is, and make it a big deal that they got to visit and go through. So we took a day off of school, and drove to Safford with Daniel and Michelle and family, and Matt and Megan and family.
It was a little hard getting there, with a back up of traffic that kept us sitting in the middle of nowhere (outside of Superior) for over an hour. We missed our scheduled walk-through time. I don't even know what the hold up was, because when we finally got moving there was nothing there.

It was fun to be there, though. I was glad that we went with family and got to do it all together. The temple is so beautiful. In the sealing room, with the mirrors on both sides, we stopped and stood together as a family, and you could see us all together forever. I hope the kids remember that, and remember how special the temple is. Landon said his favorite part was the oxen in the baptistery. Lauren loved the beautiful chandelier in the Celestial Room. Afterwards, we stopped by Marilee and Clint's house for a visit. We got some dinner and took it to the park with Daniel and Michelle and let the kids run around and get the wiggles out before heading back home.
I just wanted to include this because they are so dang cute!!

No comments: