Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Things to remember

I recently had this past years blog entries printed and bound in a book. I am so excited to have this permanent record of things that were important to our family. I was thinking the other day, that I should put more things in it than just big events. I want a record of the little things also. So I am starting with something that Nate did for me that was very sweet. I need to write it down, so that when I am mad at him I can always remember this nice thing he did. =)

Let me preface this story with the part about Valentines Day. Nate and I went to a new mexican resteraunt, and I loved it. I couldn't wait to go back. This past Fri/Sat, Nate and Jaden went on a scout campout. I made it through the day by telling myself that when Nate got home, we were going out to this mexican resteraunt. My mouth was watering thinking of the chips and salsa that I was going to eat, and I was daydreaming of the menu and which meal I would try. When Nate got home, he was late, tired, and not wanting to go out again. I was so bummed. I just sat on the couch, not even wanting to think of something to feed the kids. I admit, I was acting very poopy and pouty!! I told Nate that I wanted to go out, that I had been looking forward to chips and salsa all day. He left and picked up Burger King for the kids, and stopped at the store and picked up all the fixings to make me homemade chips and salsa. He also got peanut M&M's (my favorite!!). He came home, fed the kids, and made me salsa. (It wasn't really that bad) Not like El Palacio (the new place I love) but I was impressed, and touched that he went to the trouble to make me happy. He's a keeper! =)

In 50 years, this is a story I know I will have forgotten, except that now it is in print. Hopefully I will remember to put other little memories here.

2 comments:

cheri said...

Ahhhhh! I love it when they remind you of why you fell in love with them in the first place!

Stock Family said...

Yay!! What a guy!