Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ooops, I did it again!

This is Lauren's theme song, at least for this week!! Yes, she broke her arm again. The same arm! It is kind of a funny story. It happened at school ( I don't have to worry about CPS knocking on my door) on Monday Feb 8th. She fell off the monkey bars. At school she was more concerned about her face and went to the nurse for that. She split both her lips, loosened 2 teeth (which were both pulled at home, luckily they weren't her permanent ones) and scraped up her chin and upper lip. With all this, I couldn't believe she broke her arm. It seemed to me that her face broke her fall. So that evening when she was saying that her arm hurt, I didn't take her seriously. Over the next few days, she kept up the complaining about her arm, so I borrowed a splint from Rachelle, for Lauren's arm. On Thursday night Lauren was doing a practice spelling test with Payton, and Payton moved Lauren's arm off the paper to see what she wrote, and Lauren screamed and started crying about her arm. So I decided that I would take her to the doctor the next day. On Friday, I picked her up from school at lunchtime, and took her to a nearby Urgent Care for some xrays. I was really surprised when they said that she had fractured her arm a little higher up from her first fracture. And boy did I feel like the worst mom!! I for sure won't be winning the mother of the year award. She went 4 days with a broken arm, before I took her in. She now has a pretty blue cast that has sparkles all over it.

The funniest part of the story is that it is almost, to the day, exactly one year from the first time she broke the same arm. At school, her Kindergarten teacher was surprised to see Lauren in a cast. She remembers last year, and Lauren breaking her arm. Nate told Lauren that if she breaks her arm a third time, it will fall off, so she better be careful from now on! =)

3 comments:

Stock Family said...

LOL! Oh my goodness!! Poor girl! But, that cast is pretty darn cute!

Amy said...

That is too crazy! We have so been there with the broken bones.

cheri said...

Raegan says," I'm so sorry you broke your arm!! But your cast is beautiful...I love it!"