Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Celebration

Of course we did the usual Morris family 4th of July! It was a little different this year though. Since it was Cheri's turn for Sunday dinner, and the 4th of July was on a Sat., Cheri just combined the 2 and we had the BBQ at her house. First we went swimming. We were a little pressed for time, since everyone got out there a little late, so the swimming was only about 45 minutes. Enough so that the kids could get some energy out, but not get bored.
Then after swimming, we ate the BBQ that dad had cooked up while we were swimming. Yum! Hot dogs, hamburgers, marinated chicken, potato salad, green salad, chips, dip, cookies. I was so stuffed! After eating we hurried outside to shoot off rockets.
It had rained the night before, and so the places where Cheri had thought to go to shoot off the rockets were all flooded. We ended up going to the empty lots behind her house. It worked. The kids had a blast running to catch the rockets, and taking turns shooting them off. It was amazing that none got lost, or ruined, and we had 3 launchers going, so we got a lot shot off.
I was in a hurry to get out the door to Cheri's house, that I forgot to bring the camera with me. I did have my phone, so all of these pictures were from the camera in my cell phone. Hey, it works! If you noticed that Payton was missing from all of the pictures, you are correct. She was up at Girl's Camp, and we really missed her at out celebration. I know she had a good time at camp though.


No comments: