Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Don't know what to title this!

So, the dryer wasn't working to well for a few weeks. Taking longer than normal to dry. I was afraid we would need to buy a new one, but before we did that, I wanted Nate to pull the dryer out and poke around the back to see if he could fix it. As soon as he moved the dryer, a ton of lint fell out of the back, and the pipe in the wall. As he started to pull more out, he let out a big yell, and pulled out 2 birds! A baby and a mommy, both dead. Yuck!
Since so much lint was stuck in the wall, along with the birds, he decided to clean the pipe really good all the way to the outside. As he stuck his hand in, he found this huge nest. I mean really--how long do you think it took to build THIS!! I was so surprised I just had to get pictures.

The moral of this story is....clean your dryer pipes regularly!! We have actually never done it in the 6 1/2 years we've lived in this house. I guess we are lucky to never have had a fire. By the way, the dryer is working a lot better now! =)


1 comment:

cheri said...

I'm surprised it didn't smell! I'm a little worried about where my dryer vent is. I'd better go check it!