Friday, April 26, 2013

Landon-Student of the Month

To get chosen as Student of the Month is a big honor.  You aren't chosen because you are getting good grades, or because you are the best behaved.  You get chosen for best exemplifying whatever trait they  are focusing on for that month, and there are only 9 months that they choose a student, so your chances of getting picked aren't great.  In the month of April the trait was Loyalty.  Landon's teacher sent me an email telling me that he would get his award the next day, and it was a surprise.  I dropped the kids off at school, and waited in the car for flag ceremony to start.  Then I snuck to the back so that I could take pictures of Landon up in front of the whole school getting his award.  His teacher read this nice letter about how loyal Landon is to his friends, how he never says anything negative about anyone, and follows the rules completely and is always honest.  It was very nice, and I was very proud.



No comments: