
One day I was at the store with Landon and he saw these smaller pillow pets. For Christmas he received a regular sized dolphin pillow pet. It is his most favorite toy. He sleeps with it every night, and it usually comes in the car with us when we are running errands. It is named Willy. (Yes, Willy after the Free Willy 4 movie that he loves) So you can imagine Landon's reaction when he saw a smaller version of his most favorite toy. A small dolphin pillow pet. It was $12, and I told him that he could do chores to earn the money for it. We have a new system for earning money. I don't pay the kids to do chores around the house, because it is their mess, and I don't think they should get money for cleaning up after themselves. I wrote out a list of extra chores that aren't on the chore chart that the kids can pick to do weekly when they want to earn some money. Things like
vacuuming, playing with Leo (the dog) for 15 minutes to exercise him, cleaning out and
vacuuming the van, cleaning out the fridge, and cleaning the bathrooms.

So one day, maybe 2-3 days after I told Landon to earn the money, he comes downstairs and says it is time to stop being lazy and get to work. He does 5 chores for $5 in an hour, and the next day he earns another $5. I was so impressed with how much he wanted it, that I told him that he had enough money, and we went and bought the dolphin pillow. He named his new friend Fluffy.
No comments:
Post a Comment